Wednesday, October 30, 2013

'Alive' by Dami Im

Dami Im is the newest member of The X Factor family having won the most recent season of the Australian version of the show. I've been hearing a lot about her recently as the finale approached, and so when she won I decided I'd check out her debut single. I'm glad I did because this girl has the whole package. 'Alive' has to be one of the best winner's singles to ever be released from one of these singing competitions. While at times it's a bit cheesy, it's overall a very strong pop tune and it's not generic at all. I've been jamming out to this for the past couple days, and it fits in perfectly with the current pop scene but is still original. Dami is a consummate performer and I'm excited to see where her career goes from here because she has the potential to make it big.

No comments:

Post a Comment