Sunday, November 3, 2013

'Dope' by Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga has been busy releasing promo singles from her album ARTPOP, and the very last one we are getting is 'Dope'. Unfortunately, it came too late because the full album leaked yesterday and spread like wildfire. I've restrained myself and only listened to a few songs, but I can tell you 'G.U.Y.', 'Sexxx Dreams', 'Donatella' and 'Gypsy' are incredible and they should all be singles. My full review will be up in a few days, but for the time being here's the official 'Dope' audio. You may recognize the song from Gaga's iTunes Festival performance when it was performed under the name 'I Just Wanna Be With You'. The song is almost the same as the festival, but Gaga incorporated a fan-written song 'Dope' because she was so impressed with it. Now the lyric goes, "I need you more than dope" which I'm not a huge fan of, but the song is still a great piano ballad. It's probably the most raw and honest song that we've ever gotten from Gaga which is a beautiful thing. It reminds me a bit of 'Yoü & I' but it stays simple and doesn't try to do too much which is what ruined 'Yoü & I' for me on the Born This Way album. I'm not a huge fan of the way she sings the song in some parts because she sounds drunk, but apart from that I really do enjoy the song. I'm so excited, though, because she is debuting the song at tonight's YouTube Music Awards and I'll be there to witness it! It'll be my first time ever seeing Gaga perform live so I'm beyond excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment