Sunday, November 3, 2013

'Perfume' by Britney Spears

Britney Spears will be dropping her eighth studio album in just a month's time on December 3rd, and Britney Jean has already been preceded by the first single 'Work Bitch'. I'm still a fan of 'Work Bitch' even though a lot of people haven't liked it and it hasn't done that great on the charts. It's only a taste of what Britney Jean has to offer so I'm anxiously awaiting the album. But before we get there, Britney released her second single 'Perfume' today. The song is written by the incredible Sia and is produced by will.i.am, and it's a pure and raw ballad. It's been many years since we've gotten a proper ballad from Britney, and I have been dying for years to hear a song like this. It's kind of odd for Britney Spears of all people to release a ballad as her second single, but she obviously wants to show the diversity of the album and prove to all the haters that she can still sing. The song is about a girl thinking her man is cheating on her with another woman so she wants to mark her territory by spraying herself with perfume and having it rub off on him so he will always be reminded of what he's missing out on. The song is honestly incredible, and I could not be happier right now. It's a gorgeous ballad on which Britney lets her vocals do the talking. It reminds me so much of ...Baby One More Time era Britney ballads which has me all nostalgic. I'm not a huge fan of the instrumental; I think it would honestly work as just a stripped back piano mid-tempo. Apparently there are multiple versions of the song so I hope one of them is stripped back. I'm honestly so proud of her right now, and I think people are going to love this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment