Sunday, October 2, 2011

SNL Watch: October 1, 2011

Guess what?  This is my 200th post!  It's crazy even thinking about that, but it's also great to know how much I love doing this.  As a way to celebrate this I thought that I would introduce you all to the latest addition to the blog: 'SNL Watch'.  This isn't going to be some huge elaborate review; it's just going to be the highlights of some of the skits and musical performances.  SNL is a great show that not only makes you laugh through sheer comedy, but it also has a great political element to it that is very enjoyable.  Enjoy!

This week Melissa McCarthy (of 'Bridesmaids' fame) was the guest host, and she was by far one of the best guest hosts I have seen on the show during my last two years of religiously watching this show.  I was cracking up throughout all her skits, and I really hope she comes back again because she was a great addition to the cast.  Lady Antebellum was the guest performer.

Sadly, my favorite sketch of hers cannot be found on YouTube.  It was the Ilene (the horny co-worker) sketch.  I about died of laughter.  If I find it later I'll update the post.  





No comments:

Post a Comment