Sunday, January 5, 2014

'La La La' by Naughty Boy featuring Sam Smith

The other day I featured the song 'Latch' from Disclosure and Sam Smith, and since then I've been totally addicted to Smith and his gorgeous voice. I just had to hear more from him so I used the power of Google and found that he's also been featured on another #1 hit U.K. single. Naughty Boy is a huge DJ and writer in the U.K. working closely with the likes of Emeli Sandé. He actually wrote songs for Britney's Britney Jean album but they were all turned down which is a huge shame. I love Naughty Boy, and the second single from his debut album Hotel Cabana is fantastic. 'La La La' features Sam Smith and is an incredibly catchy tune. The song melds gorgeous vocals over a suave R&B beat that is accented with rattling synths as the song is complemented by a kid repetitively singing "la la la". The vocals are fantastic and quite relatable as it's the childish instinct in all of us that when we are confronted with a difficult situation we just want to cover our ears and drown it all out. I can see Naughty Boy gaining some momentum this year and rivaling the likes of Calvin Harris, and with Sam Smith's new single having just been released I want to see him make a name for himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment