Friday, March 14, 2014

'Sirens' by Cher Lloyd

Cher Lloyd is easily the artist I've championed the most from The X Factor UK because she's a superstar. A petite girl with nerves of steel and wit to match who raps with the best of them is a winning combination. Thankfully she's back with a new single after many woes and fights with L.A. Reid, and it may be her best release yet.

Following the release of her debut album Sticks + Stones in 2011, Cher released the catchy pop/R&B tune 'I Wish' which was my jam for a while. The second single from her upcoming album premiered today, and it showcases Cher in a whole new light. 'Sirens' is a massive mid-tempo which contains no rapping, but is chock full of Cher's booming vocals as she wails over a Kelly Clarkson-esque guitar strum. It's gorgeous and mature, and I think this could be a huge moment in her career. Cher's second album Sorry I'm Late is due out later this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment