Thursday, July 24, 2014

'Chains' by Nick Jonas

I was never a fan of the Jonas Brothers, although 'Burnin' Up' was my jam back in the day, but the youngest Jo Bro has always been on my radar. He last released an album with his band The Administration in 2010, and the Jonas Brothers were scheduled for a comeback tour but they broke it off in October. That's not stopping the youngest sibling though.

In an extremely surprising move today, Nick Jonas dropped his new bass-heavy, booty poppin' single. The video for the song will supposedly be sultry and sexy in a Miley-like move to distance himself from his Christian image, and his new sound is not what you would expect. I'm all for this new era.

'Chains' is a suave R&B tune in the vein of Miguel. Nick said of the song, "Everyone has their own chains, in life and in love, that bind them and this song embodies that feeling." The song is dark and moody, more dramatic than anything we've heard from him before. It's a smash hit, and I think I'm gonna have to stan for a Jonas brother at last. "Tryna break the chains, but the chains only break me."

No comments:

Post a Comment