Tuesday, June 30, 2015

'Cool for the Summer' by Demi Lovato

Demi Lovato has never really appealed to me. 'Neon Lights' is the first song that I loved from her, but that's about it. She's entering a new era and completely reworking her sound, going for a more dance-pop sound, and I'm here for it.

The lead single from her new album is 'Cool for the Summer' written in collaboration with Max Martin, Ali Payami, Alexander Erik Kronlund and Savan Kotecha, the team behind her hit 'Really Don't Care'. Demi's ditching her pop/rock sound for something more current yet still distinctive.

The song is a hard industrial dance sound, pulsating and pounding as she delivers the hook, "Take me down into your paradise / Don't be scared cause I'm your body type / Just something that we wanna try / Cause you and I / We're cool for the summer." Demi's all grown up and it's refreshing to hear this new change from her.

"Got a taste for the cherry / I just need to take a bite / Don't tell your mother," Demi sings, giving us a new sexually liberated Demi that is very much welcomed. Her voice is almost unrecognizable but I'm totally here for it. This could be a huge contender for Song of the Summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment