Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Welcome!

Welcome to my new blog.  It's kind of weird to actually be blogging.  I really didn't think I would start this at least until I got to college because, being the student I am and being a Senior in High School,  I honestly do not have the time.  But of course, who needs time to accomplish anything?  Who cares if I have three AP classes, extracurricular activities and piles of homework?  Lately I've just been drawn to blogging and I thought I should finally do this.

To begin, I thought I'd give you all a little background on me for those who don't already know me.  I have a passion for writing that cannot be quenched.  I read voraciously and cannot wait to get to college and finally pursue that dream.  I also absolutely love music, and could not live without it.  My favorite genres of books are fantasy and mystery, but I truly do read everything.  My favorite authors are J.K. Rowling and Stephen King.  I began reading the Harry Potter series in the second grade, and ever since then I have wanted to become a writer.  Without J.K. Rowling I would not be where I am today.  In terms of music, again, I truly do listen to everything (except hard rock and death metal/screamo), but my favorite is Pop.  Britney Spears is my all-time favorite and my other favorites include Lady GaGa, The Black Eyed Peas, Adam Lambert, Katy Perry and the list goes on and on.

These two passions are what are going to be the focus of this blog.  Every time a new album or song or a book comes out I'll give you my opinion on it and then you guys can leave comments and let me know what you think!  I want this to be a place where music lovers and those who love the written word can come together and voice their opinions on their favorite stuff.

So, without further ado, I give you The Magic Critique!

1 comment:

  1. Matt,
    To be honest, I'm not the biggest pop person. I like it here and there, but I'm most definitely more of an alternative listener (hence the url altlover). Anyways, I just wanted to let you know that you are an amazing writer and that you deserve a lot more comments than this one!
    Well, I'll see you at school tomorrow!
    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete