Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The Voice Finale

It's definitely sad to see the end of The Voice come so soon.  I thought this would just be another joke-of-a-show like The Sing Off or The Singing Bee, but I was proved completely wrong.  I definitely enjoyed it much more than American Idol since it focused on true talent only, as well as using choreography and real performance value.  I am still awaiting The X Factor because that is the prime music television show and will (hopefully) blow The Voice out of the water.  Anyway, the show last night was very entertaining.  The coaches performed a song together, then each contestant sang an original song and a duet with their coach.  The original songs were amazing, especially when compared to the sappy songs the American Idol kids are given.  Instead of just reviewing my favorites I thought I would critique all four since they all did so well.

Dia Frampton
Dia is my favorite of those who are left, and I really hope that she wins the show because she truly deserves it.  Her duet with Blake Shelton wasn't all that great; I got bored.  It was a Tom Petty song, and even though Dia loves him, to me it just didn't sound like her kind of thing.  Her original song on the other hand was amazing!  It could not have been more suited to her, and it's already reached #1 on iTunes so that proves that it's a hit.  It'll be a close race to the finish, but I really hope that he wins.

Vicci Martinez
It's really amazing how such a powerful voice can come out of that little body.  She is a powerhouse like none other, and she did really well last night.  Her original song was really good.  I didn't really care for the beginning of it when she was in her lower register, but after it progressed she hit her stride and nailed it.  Now, her duet with Cee-Lo was CRAZY good!  We all know that Cee-Lo is a great entertainer, and the performance last night was on par with his 'Forget You' performance on the Grammys.  It was so good seeing them team up together; it really made the night.


Javier Colon
Javier definitely has one of the best voices on the show, but I just don't really care for him.  His original song was a little blah for me.  It definitely suited him, but it was just boring.  His duet with Adam Levine on the other hand was amazing.  They took on Michael Jackson's 'Man In the Mirror' and absolutely killed it.  It was so fun watching the performance, and he definitely has a shot at winning tonight.

Beverly McClellan
Beverly has always been an interesting person to me, but she had never really captivated me before.  Tonight I just became a fan.  Her duet first and foremost was beautiful.  She sang Christina Aguilera's 'Beautiful' with Ms. Aguilera herself, and they created a moment on the show.  It was exquisite.  Her original song, I think, was the best of the night.  I had a smile plastered across my face, and I was  grooving in my seat.  I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it, and if you noticed, she was the only contestant to get a standing ovation from all four coaches.

The night was very entertaining to say the least, and I could not have been happier with the way it went. This show has really captivated my attention, and I can't wait for it to start up next year with a new and improved format.  I also can't wait to start blogging it for real next year.  

No comments:

Post a Comment