Thursday, June 23, 2011

The Voice Semi-Finals

I know that it's kind of late to start blogging 'The Voice' but I thought now is better than never.  I promise that next year I will be on top of it from the beginning.  Just like with American Idol I will focus solely on my favorite, so here it goes.

Frenchie Davis
Frenchie has been my favorite since day one.  Not only does she have an incredible voice, but her personality and stage presence are incredible.  Her rendition of Madonna's classic 'Like a Prayer' was quite similar to the Glee version, but she definitely killed the song.

Nakia
Nakia was another one who I fell in love with from his first audition.  There's just something about his voice that I love.  I usually don't like the gruff and grovelly voice, but he is an exception.  This week he took on Adam Lambert's 'Whataya Want From Me' (which I believe was a huge mistake because only Adam can sing that song) and did an okay job.  I wasn't jumping out of my seat, but it was solid.

Dia Frampton
In the beginning Dia was just another singer lost in the wave of the greats.  When she sang 'Heartless' last week I fell in love, and then when she sang 'Losing My Religion' this week I decided that she will win the show.  The tone of her voice is so unique, and her music styling is always so beautiful and haunting.  I can't wait to see what she does next week.

Vicci Martinez
Vicci is such a powerful singer, and there is no doubt that she is talented.  I loved her performance last week, and this week was no different.  She sang 'Dog Days Are Over' which is a personal favorite of mine, and I loved it.  The drums on stage added a great visual element to the performance, and Vicci nailed the vocal.

I would have picked Frenchie, Nakia, Dia and Javier to move on to the finals.  Earlier in the season I put my money on Christina to win, but now I think that Blake might actually win the show, which is very interesting.  I really love this show, and I think it has some great qualities to it that are different than other shows out there right now.  It'll be great to see the show come back next year and see how it strengthens and grows.

No comments:

Post a Comment