Friday, August 12, 2011

Britney: Vanguard Award

As you know, every September is the much anticipated MTV Video Music Awards, and this year is shaping up to be pretty spectacular.  Britney Spears is commonly referred to as the Queen of MTV and the Queen of the VMAs.  Her most iconic and legendary performances have all been done on the show, namely the 'I'm a Slave 4 U' performance with the snake and the Madonna kiss.  This year MTV has decided to honor this legendary performer by creating a tribute for her and presenting her with the VMA Vanguard Award, also known as the Lifetime Achievement Award.  This is a huge milestone in Britney's career so please tune in to the VMAs on August 28th to see the historic moment occur.  I'm sure it'll be a spectacle.

Get More: 2011 VMA, Music

UPDATE: 


As you all know, the MTV VMAs aired last Sunday, and it was actually a lot better than I was expecting.  The last few years (last year in particular) have been absolutely horrid.  I didn't have my hopes too high, but after GaGa, or should I say, Jo Calderone performed, I knew that we were in for a good treat.  The show began with Britney winning the award for Best Pop Video, and Britney could not have been any cuter.  Finally, comes the tribute.  Jo did a great job introducing Britney and her Vanguard Award; the chemistry between them was hilarious!  Then the actual tribute performance began.  It was cute, but underwhleming.  Why they thought it would be okay to have little kids dancing to her songs in hyper speed time I will never know, but they could have at least made it longer and more appropriate for the level of her success.  Anyway, her speech kind of made me mad because it basically just introduced Beyoncé, but I guess that just shows how humble Britney is.  Overall, it was a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment