Tuesday, August 16, 2011

'Hold On 'Til the Night' by Greyson Chance Album Review

Now this is a YouTube sensation that deserves success, unlike that (in my opinion) annoying Justin Bieber kid.  Greyson Chance was discovered on YouTube after uploading himself playing a cover of Lady GaGa's 'Paparazzi'.  The performance was quite incredible, and soon afterwards Ellen Degeneres brought him on her show and then created her own record label specifically to sign him to it.  I think Greyson has immense talent and has a much stronger and more mature voice than Bieber and most other young Disney stars.  I've listened to his album probably four times now and each time I listen to it I feel like I am listening to a seasoned professional that's been performing for ten years, not a fourteen year old.  I definitely recommend this album to everyone because it is a solid effort that deserves recognition.  Some of the standout tracks are 'Cheyenne', 'Hold On 'til the Night' and 'Summertrain'.  If YouTube could produce more of these acts then I would be beyond satisfied.



No comments:

Post a Comment