Thursday, November 10, 2011

'The First Time' by Glee

'The First Time' is by far one of my favorite episodes ever of Glee.  The episode is actually pretty indescribable.  It just felt so organic and natural.  There was nothing forced about it and it never got boring.  It just felt real, and I don't think I've seen an episode of TV that has ever felt like that to me.  Not only was the acting and storyline amazing, but the music was great.  'West Side Story' is a great musical, and the music was wonderfully done.

This was my favorite number of the night.  It's an incredible song to begin with, but Rachel and Blaine sung it beautifully.  It actually gave me chills the first time I listened to it.  An epic way to kick off the episode.

The Warblers just aren't the same with Blaine.  The whole dynamic of the group has changed and I just didn't care for the song.  It was a little bland.  Plus, Sebastian doesn't have Blaine's charisma.

This is another chill-inducing duet between Rachel and Santana.  Both of them exude the emotion relative to the song and give powerful vocal performances.  I'm so glad Santana is getting more vocal time because she really is a great and diverse vocalist.

This was the only "big" performance that we got to see from the musical, but it was worth it.  The cast did a great job with the scene, even with Puck's slightly awkward Puerto Rican accent.  Again, this song just shows how diverse Santana is.

And we end the episode with a beautiful ballad sung between Rachel and Blaine.  Not much else to say about it except that there was true passion in their vocals, and it was a simply beautiful performance.

Like I said, this was the most organic and natural of the series thus far, and I can not love it any more.  The introduction of Sebastian Smythe was interesting, but of course it's going to make a lot of fans mad because of his interest in Blaine.  And hey, we saw Karofsky at a gay bar!  The sex scenes (if you can even call them that) were done well, and I think the writers of the show should be applauded.  This episode was amazing and I can only hope that the rest of the season will try to rise to the bar set by this episode.  Next week we go back to the current hits with some Adele and GaGa in 'Mash Off'!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment