Friday, December 2, 2011

Happy 30th Birthday Britney Spears!

Today is the 30th birthday of the Pop Princess, Miss Britney Spears!!!  Before I go on talking about the legend that is Miss Spears I wanted to give you some incredible statistics about her career.  
  • Worldwide she has sold 192,149,600 records
  • She made history by grabbing the #1 spot for the six time on the Billboard 200 Albums chart
  • When her seventh studio album 'Femme Fatale' debuted at #1 she became the youngest artist in history to have 6 #1 albums
    • 4 of the 6 albums were also consecutive #1 debuts
  • She's the youngest artist in history to have three singles reach #1 and three albums reach #1 in 3 different decades
  • She's also the youngest artist in history to have two debut #1 singles
Britney Spears has been a part of my life ever since I was only seven years old when I saw the 'Oops!...I Did It Again' music video for the first time.  I have grown up listening to her music for twelve years now and I am still as big a fan of hers as I was when I was seven, if not bigger.  I remember each time she would release a new video and they would premiere it on TV and I would be over the moon with excitement.  One of the reasons why Britney is my favorite artist ever is that she's just this average, Southern girl who loves to make music and perform.  She doesn't have an ego and isn't in it for the money.  She truly loves what she does and does it for her fans.  She has even gone through a publicized mental breakdown that wrecked her life, but she has fought through it all and come back to the music world and continues to break records.  She has such an infectious smile, and it just melts your heart.  She's genuinely a down-to-earth girl and makes music for the love of it.  I've gone to two of her concerts now, and there isn't anything more incredible than those experiences.  She puts on a show and has fun each and every night.  Seeing her live is an unbelievable experience, and I only hope that she'll continue making music for many years to come.  There's no denying her longevity and the influence that she has had on other women in the pop music industry.  She is the legendary Miss Britney Spears, and I just want to say happy 30th birthday, Britney!

As a treat for all of Britney's fans, Jordan Miller (owner and operator of Britney's biggest fan site, BreatheHeavy) released this never-before-released song 'Love 2 Love U' which sample's Madonna's 'La Isla Bonita'.  Enjoy!


I have also included below a collection of some of my favorite Britney videos so that you can relive all the incredible magic that she has brought to the screen throughout her career.














No comments:

Post a Comment