Saturday, February 4, 2012

"Give Me All Your Luvin'" Music Video by Madonna featuring Nicki Minaj and M.I.A.

Madonna's Super Bowl themed music video premiered yesterday along with the premiere of the song itself, "Give Me All Your Luvin'".  The video has garnered a lot of criticism because of its childish nature and cheap feel.  It is a little subpar, and knowing Madonna I would expect a lot more, but I can definitely see why the video is the way it is.  I don't really think it's meant to be taken all that seriously.  I see it as Madonna making fun of herself and just having fun.  She walks down the street being shot at and football players shield her with their bodies, and at the end of the video she has baby which she heaves off-screen and then it is says "Touchdown!"  Madonna's just having fun and showing that she can make take the mickey out of herself.  I see this as a defining characteristic of herself and she why she is the Queen of Pop.  It's as simple as that.  And besides, what fifty-three year old looks like she just entered her forties?  Bring on the half-time show tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment