Sunday, February 5, 2012

The Highlight of the Super Bowl: Madonna

Congratulation to the new Super Bowl Champions, the New York Giants!!  I could care less about sports, but since I live in New York this is pretty cool.  I was actually a little let down by the commercials this year.  They just weren't all that funny or over-the-top spectacles like they have been.  What I was anticipating the most this year was for the Queen of Pop to take the stage and rule the half-time show.  I was not disappointed.  Madonna took the stage and showed everyone how it's done.  While it wasn't anything controversial or spectacular, she brought it back to basics and proved that less is more.  Nicki Minaj, M.I.A., LMFAO and Cee Lo Green all joined the Queen on stage for some pretty cool moments.  The highlight of it for me was the finale, 'Like a Prayer'.  That song is one of my favorite all-time Madge songs, and it was stunning with the whole choir, and the only song that I believe she sang live.  Madonna proved once again why she has shaped the pop music industry and still remains one of the best performers the world has ever seen at the young age of 53.  Relieve the magic below!

No comments:

Post a Comment