Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Fresh Out the Oven: 'Don't Fail Me Now'

Season 1 winner of The X Factor USA, Melanie Amaro, just released her debut single this morning. Although the first season was largely a bust, Melanie had an incredibly powerful voice and made the season enjoyable to watch. Towards the end of the show I was wondering what kind of music she would make. Never did I think she would go the dance route. During dance week on the show she took Adele's 'Someone Like You' and did a great job with it, and then with 'Respect' for the Pepsi commercial she took a dance route as well which was a nice change of pace for the song. But judging from 'Don't Fail Me Now' she has been pushed to make a dance album, and I'm not sure how I feel about it. First, she doesn't need so much auto-tune. Her voice is almost perfect as is, and the auto-tune makes the song sound like a piece of garbage. THEN, the song is terrible. The lyrics are plain stupid, and basically all she says is "Don't fail me now" over and over again. Sometimes songs can be good when they're repetitive, but this is horrible. I'm really upset that Melanie got stuck with this because she is a talented girl and could do really well in the music biz, but Simon needs to revise his thinking on this one. It's just not doing it for me.

For the moment you can listen to the song HERE.


No comments:

Post a Comment