Wednesday, August 29, 2012

'Push and Shove' by No Doubt

Just this morning, No Doubt visited Ryan Seacrest to debut the title track off their upcoming album Push and Shove. The song features Busy Signal and Major Lazer, and was produced by Diplo. All those three thrown together with No Doubt and mixed with reggae rap? Who knew this could turn out so good, but I guess it goes to show you should never doubt Gwen Stefani. The song really is a mish-mash of different styles and sounds, but it all comes together to create a catchy tune that only makes me more excited for the album to finally come out. The song even changes pace throughout, switching between a sweet mid-tempo and an upbeat dance pulse. No Doubt is one of thsoe bands that is different than anything out there, and in a world dominated by dance music at the moment, they stand out but fit in at the same time. Every time I hear their music it amazes me, and I have more respect for them than ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment