Monday, September 3, 2012

'Girl On Fire' by Alicia Keys

This morning I brought you the 'Inferno Version' of Alicia Keys' new single 'Girl On Fire' (off the album of the same name) which featured Nicki Minaj, but now we have the original version that will serve as the official single. After listening to the two versions, I'm surprised to say that I actually think this version is better than the remix. I think Nicki's part in the 'Inferno Version' just took away from the mood of the song, and made it feel "unauthentic Alicia." I like hearing just Alicia on the song with her beautiful voice, and I think it has more of an emotional impact without the rap. The song is really catchy, and has really begun to grow on me. The song could definitely take over radio and have modest success without Nicki. It just goes to show that you don't have to sell-out to achieve success. I've never really cared for Alicia's more recent albums, but since she's going a new direction this time around I'm hoping Girl On Fire will blow me away.

No comments:

Post a Comment