Sunday, September 9, 2012

'Not Even the King' by Alicia Keys

Holy mother of pearl, Alicia Keys just delivered one of the most beautiful and moving songs I have heard in a long time. It's unclear as to whether this might be the next single or if it's just to give us a taste of what the album Girl On Fire has in store for us, but 'Not Even the King' has made me beyond excited to buy this album. The song is ballad that basically uses a piano and Keys' voice to deliver the emotional impact. Her voice has a raspy quality that highlights the rawness of the song that is quite magical. She sings about how love between two people is priceless, and people who are rich (i.e. "not even the King") can afford "what we've got." The lyric video that accompanies the song only helps to emphasize the beautiful lyrics. I wasn't too sure if I was going to buy this album, but Alicia has made up my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment