Saturday, October 27, 2012

The X Factor UK 2012: Top 12

The second week of live shows brought with it the theme of Love and Heartbreak. After last week's controversial elimination and Gary's walk-off, no one knew what to expect. Once again Gary was bitter and downright rude to some of the acts. The acts overall were extremely good, and some improved vastly. And once again Rylan lit up the stage, and gave an entertaining performance.

Jahmene Douglas
Even though I don't necessarily like Jahmene, I thought this was a much better performance than last week's. Of course I'm partial to Amy Winehouse, but I really thought he had a much better vocal performance. This time it was less theatrics and more plain singing.

Christopher Maloney
Once again, it was a cheesy performance. This is only the second week of live shows and I am sick and tired of Chris. He's got a good voice, but he's a dated act and won't stand a chance in the real world. He just needs to leave because I'm sick of the cheese.

Union J
Yes, praise the Lord! This is exactly what Union J needs to be doing. What a difference this is from last week's disastrous performance. They really seemed like a real boy band this time, and I can definitely see them storming the world like One Direction. Everything about this was perfect.

Ella Henderson
This girl can SANG. I don't even know why I bother writing about her performance every week because it's basically going to say the same thing. Her voice is angelic and that performance was flawless. No faults to be found.

James Arthur
I just could not stand this performance. Like I said last week, he's beginning to get on my nerves, and this performance contained everything I dislike about him. It was basically him straining his voice and grunting. It's getting old fast, and he needs to change things up a bit if he wants to stay in the competition any longer.

Lucy Spraggan
Lucy is amazing, there's no doubt about that. I loved this rendition of 'Gold Digger', and it's great to see her doing a fun song when she is suffering from a loss. She's a bright ball of light and energy, and this performance showed off why she is a good entertainer.

District 3
These guys are a good boy band and this was a great performance from them, but they're definitely going to have to continue working hard if they want to make it in this competition. Their vocals were really good and you can tell they're improving, but like Gary and Nicole mentioned, they need to work on their harmonies.

Jade Ellis
Another Amy Winehouse song tonight! Jade is a gem, and she is a very talented artist. It was great hearing her sing such a beautiful song. Her vocals were incredible, and she blew me away. I really hope she makes it towards the end.

MK1
What was that? The Jackson 5, really?! I don't understand why they went along with Louis on this one. This is not what they should be doing, and it just cheapens their act. Stick to your roots you guys! You're an urban act which this competition has never had. Be original!

Kye Sones
I didn't like this performance at all. It was definitely a good choice of songs and could have been an epic performance, but like Louis said it was missing something. I don't know why Gary got all over him for it because it was the truth. He didn't connect with me at all, and the performance was just very flat.

Rylan Clark
Who would have thought 'Gangnam Style' would have made it onto a singing competition? Well here you have it folks! Brian Friedman is a friggin' genius, and I love what he did with this performance. It was a campy, out of the box performance complete with high fashion pandas. Rylan's singing was probably the worst it has been so far, but the performance was wildly entertaining.

Melanie Masson
Melanie once again gave an amazing vocal performance. She has a voice that can't be touched, and she blew me away again. You can tell this is what she's meant to be doing, and she's finally living out her dream. I love seeing people succeed like this.

I feel like this is all I ever say, but it was another incredible night. The talent level is so high, and every act truly deserves to be here. Based on the performances I would have put Kye Sones and Christopher Maloney in the Bottom 2. Unfortunately, it was District 3 and Melanie who had to sing for their lives. Both acts did an amazing last chance performance, and the judges once again could not come to a consensus so the vote was sent to deadlock. Unfortunately, Melanie was sent packing. This was really a shocking elimination, and upsetting because I really loved her. It's unfortunate that such a good act had to leave so soon while other terrible acts are still sticking around. This is going to be an interesting year. Next week is the ever popular Club Classics week in which Rylan should shine. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment