Friday, November 23, 2012

'Woman's World' by Cher

I AM IN HEAVEN. Oh my god, you have no idea how excited I am for this! Late Wednesday night, as a gift to all her fans for Thanksgiving, Cher released the first single off her upcoming album that has been in the works for years. 'Woman's World' is the new track, and it's a huge dance song with Cher's signature voice dominating the track. Obviously, this is another female empowerment anthem, but what I love about this the most is that even though Cher has been out of the music game for a long time, she is still making music that's better than half of what's out there. I am living for this song, and I cannot wait for her album to be released early next year. She will also be going on tour so I may have to get tickets to that as well!

UPDATE 6/18: Despite having been released seven months ago, today 'Woman's World' got it's official release as the lead single from Cher's upcoming album Close To the Truth, set to be released in September. Cher will be debuting the song on tonight's The Voice finale, marking it as her first performance in 10 years. To say that today is a big day for Cher fans is an understatement. Tonight she will be introduced to a whole new generation, and hopefully she's going to claim her throne atop the charts. Reading over my original post, my sentiments about the song have not changed one bit. It's still an awesome track seven months later, and her album cannot be released soon enough. "Snap out of it" and get ready for the goddess of music to make her mark once again.



No comments:

Post a Comment