Monday, August 19, 2013

'Change Your Life' by Iggy Azalea featuring T.I.

I've been following this Australian rapper for some time now, and everything she puts out is a gem. She's had a tough time breaking into the market because, let's face it, she isn't your run of the mill rapper. For starters she's a woman, which makes it infinitely harder, and then she's white. Only recently have more white rappers begun to populate the game, but there still hasn't been a successful white female rapper. I totally believe that Iggy Azalea is the one to change that. The first two singles leading up to the release of her debut album, 'Work' and 'Bounce', have been on fire and I listen to them all the time. Finally Iggy is gracing us with her third single (second in the U.S.) and I'm sure this one will finally impact radio. 'Change Your Life' is a collaboration with her friend T.I., and it has more of a pop sound than her previous releases. I kind of miss the harder beats from songs like 'Work', but this one interestingly has more of a dubstep/EDM type sound to it. Mixed with Iggy's flawless rapping the track is a gem, and I'm sure people all over the world will be singing this one soon. T.I. provides the perfect crossover into the American market so I'm hoping Iggy will finally gain some momentum here. Iggy's The New Classic will drop in September.

No comments:

Post a Comment