Sunday, August 18, 2013

'We Own the Night' Music Video by The Wanted

Despite being very generic and underwhelming when it was first released, The Wanted's third single has grown on me. While 'We Own the Night' is much better lyrically than 'Walks Like Rihanna', it still doesn't hold a candle to 'I Found You'. The boys didn't have much radio success with their first two singles, but I've already heard 'We Own the Night' a couple times and it really stands out. It's a great track to bop to, and of course it has that feel good chanting chorus that you can't help but to sing along with. The music video was released a couple days ago, and it partly helped me enjoy the song more. While it's nothing spectacular, I think it helps solidify the atmosphere of the track, and conveys the feel-good camaraderie aspect that you can't help but identify with. The lads go to a local pub and "own the night," but there's also a cute older couple that stole the show. The Wanted haven't delivered recently, so I'm praying that the rest of their upcoming album isn't a letdown. But we've already had three singles ahead of the release so I'm a bit worried...

No comments:

Post a Comment