Tuesday, April 29, 2014

'Do It Again' by Röyksopp and Robyn

Everyone knows Robyn as the Swedish Queen of Pop who never fails to deliver incrdible music. Her last release was her Body Talk album which she released as a series of three EPs, giving us incredible tunes like 'Dancing On My Own' and 'Hang With Me'. And now she's coming back better than ever.

Teaming up with Röyksopp for a tour was only the beginning. Since collaborating together on Robyn's Body Talk track 'None of Dem', the Swedish diva and production duo have been secretly hard at work crafting a joint album. The Do It Again EP consists of 5 all new tracks that are sure to blow us away.

Last week three songs from the EP were uploaded to the interwebs and immediately restored my faith in music. 'Every Little Thing' is a favorite of mine, instantly giving me chills and reminding me of the sad but uptempo 'Dancing On My Own'. However, it's the lead single that will really get your blood pumping.

'Do It Again' is a certifiable smash with Robyn's signature robotic sound mixed with heavenly pulses that hit harder than ever before. It's her old sound but magnified and amplified for the over-saturated club scene that is currently ruling the Top 40. Every thing Robyn crafts is the pure essence of pop which puts her at the top of the pop game.

I'm anticipating that I'll be attending Röyksopp and Robyn's summer tour in a few months and I am beyond excited. Thankfully we don't have too much longer to wait for new music as the Do It Again EP is slated for release on May 26th.

No comments:

Post a Comment