Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Tammie Brown and Her Hot Skunx

Tammie Brown is famous for being on the very first season of RuPaul's Drag Race and then coming back for All Stars as well as for being one of the kookiest and most polarizing contestants to ever be on the show. Her now infamous line "teleport us to Mars!" is literally what I think of when I think of this drag star.

Tammie has become one of my top favorites because of how original and talented she is. People don't seem to quite "get" her but I do and I love every moment of it. Tammie is also a singer, but unlike her fellow sisters like Manila or Willam, Tammie produces folk rock music which is unusual in the drag scene. She also does a lot of it in Spanish. It's not everyone's cup of tea.

She just released her debut album yesterday, Hot Skunx, following her first EP Popcorn which was released back in 2009. She may not have the best singing voice, but her music is filled with passion and love, and that transcends all. Her double feature music video for tracks 'Amigos Son Heroes' and 'La Teleraña' sees her at a party and she's simply jamming out with her friend Michael Catti. It's certainly not for everybody, but as a huge fan of miss Tammie-with-an-I-E it's only right I support her.

And don't forget to make time to walk children in nature!

No comments:

Post a Comment