Friday, June 27, 2014

'Really Don't Care' Music Video by Demi Lovato featuring Cher Lloyd

I'm actually writing about Demi Lovato? Someone come check my temperature! Demi and I have never had a very good relationship. I was never a Camp Rock fan and I despised 'Skyscraper' when it first came out. I don't know if it's the more commercial nature of her music lately or the influence of one of my friends, but since 'Neon Lights' I've really started to fall for her. And her new single 'Really Don't Care' is the first that I've actually fallen in love with.

The song in its essence is about breaking up with your significant other and realizing that you're better off without them, and you really don't care about anything they have to say or do. It's just a big "F U" to anyone who's screwed you over. Plus, it features my U.K. darling Cher Lloyd so how could I not love it?

The video, though, is what's getting everyone talking. Demi performed at LA Pride this year and decided to film the video for 'Really Don't Care' while she was there. The video is now a really great LGBT empowerment and support anthem. Filled with every color of the rainbow and people from all walks of life (including some celebrity guests and many fabulous drag queens), Demi has just earned herself a major landmark in her career.

Why Pigrez Hilton is in the video I will never understand, but I can forgive Demi when she's given us such a fun-loving video. Demi, you're really making it hard for me to not like you.

2 comments:

  1. I just have to point out that Give Me Tonight is a cover/remake of the track of the same name by Cazwell. But i do agree, Adore does it well, and as for the rest of the album, it keeps me DTF

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Give Me Tonight" was actually originally done by Shannon. I didn't know Cazwell did his own version of it so thanks for letting me know!

    ReplyDelete