Wednesday, October 1, 2014

'I Don't Care' by Cheryl Cole

Cheryl Cole goes by many names, but one thing's for sure: she's a pop star. With her recent return to the X Factor judging panel alongside Simon Cowell, Cheryl is prepping the release of her new album Only Human due out later this fall. She launched the era with the horn-heavy and ultimately disappointing 'Crazy Stupid Love' but we're starting to get somewhere now.

The second single from Only Human is 'I Don't Care' and Chezza literally gives no fucks. She sings, "I don’t care, and it feels so fucking good to say I swear…that I don’t care!" It's a fun liberating track penned by 'American Girl' Bonnie McKee and a slew of different writers that at least is better than 'Crazy Stupid Love'.

I'm totally addicted to the chorus but the song is just lacking. Like it's counterpart, this sounds like a demo. If the song were just polished off this could be a massive hit for Cheryl even though it's not as chart-worthy as 'Call My Name'. I love ya, Cheryl, but please give us some more polished work on the album.

Cheryl's new album Only Human will be released later this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment