Monday, October 20, 2014

'Outside' by Calvin Harris featuring Ellie Goulding

Calvin Harris is getting ready to drop his new album Motion which has already spawned the hits 'Summer' and 'Blame', and now he's releasing the next taste of the album. We all know Ellie Goulding is a goddess, and paired with Harris's beats this is a match made in heaven.

'Outside' is the follow-up to the pair's first collaboration 'I Need Your Love' which was an international smash. While I don't think 'Outside' is quite as good, I do appreciate the change in sound with this one. There's a disconcerting string melody that carries throughout which is quite haunting.

"Thought I'd been so strong / There's a power in what you do / Now every other day I'll be watching you," Ellie sings over the beat. Ellie is on the outside of the relationship, distanced from what was. There's no doubt this'll dominate radio, but it leaves me wanting more.

Calvin Harris's fourth studio album Motion will be released on November 4th.

No comments:

Post a Comment