Thursday, January 8, 2015

'King' by Years & Years

It seems like you can't go anywhere without people talking about Years & Years. This electronica trio hails from London and they released their debut single 'I Wish I Knew' in 2012. Since then they have seen success with their music, including 'Desire' which was their first chart hit, and now they're ready to dominate.

Their brand new single 'King' dropped yesterday, and it's already my favorite song of 2015. The track is a massive synth opus that recalls Katy B in parts with sweeping melodies atop the atmospheric beat, but it's Olly Alexander's voice that captures the magic. Singing "And oh, oh, oh… I was a king under your control / And oh, oh, oh… I wanna feel like you've let me go, so let me go," Alexander has one of the best male voices in pop at the moment.

This trio is nominated for BBC's Sound of 2015 for which they are most likely to win tomorrow. And if this is any indication of what is to come, 2015 is going to be a huge year for these men.

No comments:

Post a Comment