Friday, March 27, 2015

'Bitch Better Have My Money' by Rihanna

The wait for the follow-up to 2012's Unapologetic has been unbearable to say the least. We've been treated to some great new music from the Home soundtrack, as well as Rihanna's folk escapade on 'FourFiveSeconds'. But where are those pussy-poppin' anthems we've come to love from our Instagram queen?

At long last it seems like #R8 is in sight. Today, Rihanna's dropped her new single 'Bitch Better Have My Money'. The single cover features the same Braille writing seen on the 'FourFiveSeconds' cover, and Rihanna's sporting a Frida Kahlo meets Madonna from the '80s look which I'm digging.

Many people don't seem to be into it, but I'm living for this. 'Bitch Better Have My Honey' is an assault on the senses as Rihanna brings out the trap beats. It's interesting because she's using sort of whining, screechy voice on this track but I think it works well.

Rihanna has never been one for subtlety, and she reminds us who's boss on this one. "Louis XIII and it's all on me, nigga you just bought a shot / Kamikaze if you think that you gon' knock me off the top," she commands. "Don't act like you forgot, I call the shots."

No comments:

Post a Comment