Monday, May 25, 2015

'Bombastic' by Bonnie McKee

Bonnie McKee, Teenage Dream hitmaker, released her hit 'American Girl' back in 2013 and has released a few songs since, but she hasn't given us a proper album yet. She's currently at work on a visual EP à la Dumblonde which is scheduled to be released June 30th.

She's at last given us the lead single from the EP. 'Bombastic' is a much different sound from 'American Girl' and what we've come to expect. It's equal parts girly fun and American rock. It's not an instant hit, and feels like it may get old very fast.

"I'm on a mission to search and destroy / Don't get it twisted / I'm ready to make some noise / How could you play me just like a Nintendo / But don't you know that I'm loco / I came to win win win," she chants above the beat. It's different, but I want to hear the other three songs on the EP before I make any judgements.

No comments:

Post a Comment