Monday, May 25, 2015

'Emergency' by Icona Pop

Swedish duo Icona Pop are getting ready to release their second international album (third overall), and despite the bomb that was the original lead single 'Get Lost', the girls are back with their brand new sound to kick off the new era.

'Emergency' is a much different approach for the girls. You won't be fist bumping to this one in the club anytime soon, but I appreciate the change of pace. Erik Hassle, despite being uncredited, sings the chorus of the song which is a little strange since the duo have such an iconic sound.

"I put a little twist in my hips / Kiss on my lips / Ice on my wrist / Cause I'm hot and I'm dancing," the girls sing. The song features a jazzy trumpet line that dominates the chorus, backed by a punching piano and glitzy production that is giving me Eastern European vibes. It's not instantly iconic, but it's infectious so we'll see if U.S. radio embraces this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment