Monday, May 11, 2015

'Fire Under My Feet' by Leona Lewis

Leona Lewis is finally making her long-awaited comeback. Her last album, Glassheart, was one of the most under-appreciated albums of 2012 and she hasn't released anything other than her quintessential Christmas album since. She's switched up her sound many times since winning The X Factor UK, and she's doing it once more.

Her fifth studio album, I Am, is due out later this year, and we're finally getting the first taste. 'Fire Under My Feet' sees the diva following in the steps of her fellow females Adele and Amy Winehouse. It looks like she's going the retro soul route which has proven to work, but will it work for Leona?

'Fire Under My Feet' is a rocking jam full of heavy piano chords and wailing brass. Leona's voice cuts over the top as she sings, "I got fire under my feet and I feel it in my heartbeat / Boy you can't put out these flames, you can't keep me down in my seat." She sounds gorgeous as usual and the song is fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment