Tuesday, May 12, 2015

'Shine' by Years & Years

The UK trio Years & Years are gearing up to release their debut album Communion on July 6th, and following their singles 'Worship' and 'King' (their first UK #1), they are once again giving us another taste. If this isn't your most anticipated album of the year I don't know what is.

'Shine' is one of those of dance-pop tunes that can make you bop but also sob uncontrollably like Robyn's 'Dancing On My Own'. "It's shaking the sky / And I'm following lightning / I'll recover if you keep me alive / Don't leave me behind / Can you see me I'm shining / And it's you that I've been waiting to find / I'm holding it all tonight, I'm holding it all tonight," sings frontman Olly Alexander.

The glitzy house-influenced beat on this electro bop is sheer perfection, and it only gives even more depth to their already incredible album. If this is only an album track then this will be the biggest LP of the year. Get ready because Years & Years are going to rule the summer.

Years & Years's debut album, Communion, will be released on July 6th.

No comments:

Post a Comment