Saturday, June 25, 2011

'The Edge of Glory' Music Video by Lady GaGa

GaGa is an amazing video artist, but I think this time she dropped the ball.  I have to say that I was definitely disappointed with the video.  The video could have been incredible though if it hadn't been for all the drama on set.  Joseph Kahn was originally going to be directing the video which is great because he is my favorite music video director ever (Britney Spears' 'Toxic' and 'Womanizer', Lady GaGa's 'LoveGame' and Eminem's 'Love the Way You Lie' to name a few).  The video was going to be complete with mermaids and eerie hospital rooms reminiscent of 'Lost'.  Apparently something happened on set and GaGa fired him on the spot and directed the video herself.
The final product ended up being GaGa dancing around on the streets and balconies of a New York block complete with colored lights.  It was quite a dull five minutes and twenty-eight seconds.  Sometimes simplicity can be good, and I can kind of see where she was coming from, but I just don't think it worked out.
I loved the outfits and the hair in the video (starting to warm up to the two-tone hair, but I prefer the new mermaid/aquatic hair).  The cinematography was great, but I'm just not feeling it.  Sorry GaGa.

No comments:

Post a Comment