Monday, June 27, 2011

Fresh Out the Oven: 'Crystalline'

Here we have the first single 'Crystalline' by Icelandic singer Björk from her upcoming album 'Biophilia'.  Björk has been a favorite of mine for a long time, and not surprisingly I haven't ever met anyone who loves her music as well.  I think she is a true gem and her music is so revolutionary.  She doesn't just make music; her music infuses her entire life and she creates these masterpieces that encompass the world.  She's always an innovator creating new instruments and ways to distribute music.  With this album, which was partially recorded on the iPad, she is releasing an app for each song.  This first single 'Crystalline' is another piece of greatness.  Her voice always strike me and captivates me.  The song is very laid back, and almost childish in the beginning, but it begins to pick up and by the end it has this driving industrial beat that just goes bonkers.  I have been waiting a long time for some new music from Björk and I am glad to say that she has delivered.

No comments:

Post a Comment