Friday, March 2, 2012

Ellen Degeneres and JCPenny

So I know that this is totally out of character, but I felt I had to post these.  Ellen Degeneres was recently named the new spokesperson of JCPenny.  I saw the new commercials last night during American Idol and I was dying of laughter.  She is an absolute genius when it comes to comedy.  These are Super Bowl worthy commercials and should be seen by everyone.  I also thought it would be good to include the controversy that has ensued over the naming of Ellen as the new spokesperson.  The group One Million Mom (one of those nutty groups that's ultra-conservative and is offended by the slightest things) protested the decision of JCPenny because Ellen is gay, and shortly afterward the internet erupted in hatred because of this incredibly idiotic statement.  Ellen talked about the whole thing on her show so if you want to see Ellen tackle it with humor but also offer an incredibly beautiful statement of herself as a role model then check out the video below.


This commercial's my favorite of the bunch.  The toga line kills me every time.




No comments:

Post a Comment