Monday, July 16, 2012

'Turn Up the Radio' Music Video by Madonna

Madonna is back with the music video for the third single off MDNA, 'Turn Up the Radio'. When I originally reviewed the album, I lauded the track as one of my favorites, and I'm glad to see it get the video treatment. The video was shot in Italy while Madge was in the country for her MDNA Tour, and the beautiful scenery provides a perfect backdrop for the retro video. One of the most striking aspects of the video is the aesthetic feel. Like I mentioned, it's very retro and adds a lightness that fits the song's feel. Basically, Madonna rides around in her chauffeured car and picks up interesting performers and people throughout the city, and she has a fun dance party whilst in the car. The video isn't anything amazing, but it is decent. The one thing I could just not overlook was the apparent disregard of age. You have this woman in her fifties partying with twenty year olds. It's just a little awkward, but overall the video is done well so I'm not complaining too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment