Friday, August 24, 2012

'I Am Your Leader' Music Video by Nicki Minaj featuring Cam'ron & Rick Ross

I told you Nicki would premiering her new video today, but little did I know it would be so soon! With Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded, Nicki is pulling a Beyoncé and releasing videos for songs that won't necessarily be singles. This is what I love in an artist because they really care about their fans and give them more than they would ever expect. We're going back to urban/rap Nicki with this video for 'I Am Your Leader'. When the album first came out, this song was one of the standout tracks because Nicki brings it hard, and Cam'ron's verse is really good as well. The video takes place in a wacked-out house that actually reminds me of stuff on the Disney Channel like The Wiggles or Blues Clues. The house just has that kind of feel. But let me tell you, this is not a child's house: it is an adult house for sure. Nicki looks amazing in her black wig, and she really performs the heck out of this song. What I love the most, though, is her in the bathtub with her bedazzled thigh-high boots and my personal favorite wig of hers: the green one. Nicki works that bathtub like no other. As for Cam'ron and Rick Ross, Cam'ron really delivered it and I loved it, but Rick Ross needs to first put a shirt on and then he can go away. I can't stand him, but whatever. The video's a lot of fun, and it was a very unexpected treat for all the Barbz out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment