Sunday, August 26, 2012

'Trouble' by Leona Lewis featuring Childish Gambino

By now everyone knows who the incredible Leona Lewis is, and the fact that she won the third season of The X Factor UK back in 2006. She burst onto the scene with the beautiful song 'Bleeding Love', and continued her domination of the world for months after. Then she released her sophomore album Echo in 2009 and kind of disappeared. For me, Echo was a huge bomb: I listened to the album twice when it first came out and haven't listened to it since. It was just so boring and never went anywhere exciting musically. The first single 'Happy' had mild success, but nothing like her previous singles. Since then, Leona has all but dropped off the face of the earth. She's readying her third album Glassheart to be released in October after suffering many push-backs. The first single from the album, 'Collide', was another bust for me, and I basically hated it. Leona has finally released the second single 'Trouble' and I could not be happier. This is everything I have been wanting from Leona since her debut album. The song is a mid-tempo with beautiful vocals, and an incredibly catchy hook. It's got a unique hip hop sound to it that makes it stand apart from all the dance music on the radio at the moment, as well as a really beautiful rap from Childish Gambino. I haven't been this enthused with Leona Lewis music since 2008's 'Run', and I can only hope that Glassheart will be more like 'Trouble' because if it is then this could be a great album. Come on, Leona!

No comments:

Post a Comment