Sunday, August 25, 2013

'Wrecking Ball' by Miley Cyrus

Miley Cyrus unveiled the album cover for her upcoming third studio album Bangerz last night. At first I thought it was extremely ugly and unprofessional, but the more I look at it the more genius I realize it is. It's a very '80s/Miami Vice inspired look and I'm really digging it. Shortly afterwards, the album went up for pre-order on iTunes, and upon purchasing you get an instant download of the new track 'Wrecking Ball'. Miley originally teased the track a few weeks ago, and I've been dying to hear it ever since. What I have to say is that releasing this song was a highly-calculated move that is going to work well for Miley. The song isn't set to be the second single, but who cares? It's this huge pop power ballad that relies on its simplicity. Miley's vocals are front and center and prove that she has a beautiful voice. Also, it's the lyrics that are really getting everyone talking. They are much more sophisticated than 'We Can't Stop', and people are comparing it to Lana Del Rey and Marina and the Diamonds. I can totally see the Lana comparisons, especially in the verses. This track will shut the haters up, and it has the world even more excited for the album because now we know it's not just going to be ratchet Miley that's going to show up on the album. There will be diversity, and this is a huge step forward. Bangerz is out October 8th, and I highly suggest that you purchase it. And don't forget to check out Miley's performance at tonight's MTV Video Music Awards! I'm sure it'll have everyone talking.

No comments:

Post a Comment