Wednesday, September 4, 2013

'Another Lie' Music Video by Mimi Imfurst

Mimi Imfurst hasn't had the greatest track record when it comes to RuPaul's Drag Race. She first appeared on Season 3 where she was quickly eliminated after picking up India Ferrah and carrying her on her shoulders during the Lip Sync For Your Life. She then came back on All Stars, only to be paired with Pandora Boxx and be eliminated on the first episode. Her big, no holds barred personality has stopped many people from liking her. I've come around to her recently, especially with the release of music from her girl group Xelle. 'Queen' is one of the most flawless songs ever, so I was expecting a lot from Mimi's first solo offering. Sadly, I'm extremely underwhelmed. 'Another Lie' is a parody of the iconic 'I Will Survive' with the song focusing on men lying about their penis size. I had two major issues with the video: the lyrics were just bad, and the video has to be one of the most low budget videos I've seen from a queen. It was just poor quality, and I really really wish it could have been better because Mimi does have great potential. The best part of this were the models dancing in the background. I'm disappointed, and I really hope Mimi can make some better music in the future.

2 comments:

  1. I have to say I agree with you on the video. It was so boring and just lacked anything that made it pop!
    The lyrics are so bad, that to me they almost, ALMOST sound good... I expected so much better from Mimi to be totally honest

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to see you agree! You're totally right, it never "popped" At least with Willam's "Love You Like a Big Schlong" it was catchy and creative. Mimi's sounds like a bad rip off of that.

      Delete