Thursday, September 5, 2013

'Roar' Music Video by Katy Perry

Katy Perry just released the music video for her brand new #1 hit single 'Roar'. If you go back and read my original post on 'Roar', you'll see that I was not impressed with it, and I'm still not. I don't think it deserves to be #1 especially when an incredible song like 'Applause' is barely keeping up with the Top 10. That being said, however, I'm pleasantly surprised by the video which was shot in "Junglescope," according to Katy. The video follows Katy as her plane crash lands in the jungle and she has to adapt and survive in the wilderness. Think of it as your modern day Tarzan story. There's no green screen and very few special effects used which is awesome, but at the same time moments of the video come off as very cheesy which distracts from the overall video. The product placement also gets in the way. I really don't care for the over-glamorization of Katy as this Amazon princess. It's a little annoying, but hey, I was entertained. 'Roar' may be a terrible song, but I'm glad she made a great video.

No comments:

Post a Comment