Sunday, September 1, 2013

'You Make Me' by Avicii featuring Salem Al Fakir

There is no doubt in my mind that Avicii's album is going to be one of the best of the year. He smashed it out of the park with 'Wake Me Up' which has been getting heavy radio play, and I've had it on repeat. Avicii also debuted the Adam Lambert and Nile Rodgers collaboration 'Lay Me Down' at a live show, and it's pretty spectacular. People are clamoring for the final version of the track. Now, Avicii has released his second single off his album True. 'You Make Me' is much different than either of the other two aforementioned songs. It's more mainstream and it doesn't rely on the vocals of Salem Al Fakir as much. The song is more about the sound which is awesome, but I don't feel like it's going to do that great on radio. I could be wrong, but I just don't think it's strong enough to cement a spot in people's minds. I'm loving how eclectic this album is shaping up to be.

2 comments:

  1. Do you know the name of the girl in the video? I think she is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete