Monday, August 4, 2014

'Anaconda' by Nicki Minaj

What does Nicki Minaj give us as the second single for her upcoming album The Pink Print? One of the most outrageous booty odes the world has ever heard. It may not be Nicki at her most polished, but messy Nicki is the Nicki I love the most.

Sir Mix-A-Lot's 'Baby Got Back' is the defining ode to the badonkadonk, the one that started it all. There's not a human on this earth who hasn't heard the track, and that's good because Nicki samples it to death on her new song 'Anaconda' but gives it a fresh new sound.

'Anaconda' is one of Nicki's craziest offerings to date, pulling inspiration from Lil' Kim's 'How Many Licks' getting down and dirty and quite vulgar, but doing it in bad bitch fashion. "He toss my salad like his name Romaine / And when we done, I make him buy me Balmain," she spits.

With wobbling bass and fiery raps like only Nicki does it, the track is an anthem for all those curvy girls out there proclaiming, "I said, Where my fat ass big bitches in the club? / Fuck the skinny bitches, fuck the skinny bitches in the club / I wanna see all the big fat ass bitches in the muthafuckin’ club."

The song isn't as hard as 'Lookin Ass' or 'Chi-Raq' but it's not as vapid as 'Stupid Hoe'. 'Anaconda' invokes Mixtape Minaj, but between this and 'Pills N Potions' I'm not sure what the overall sound of The Pink Print is going to be. That being said, I'm all for this ass-praising nonsense. And I'm sure we can expect the video to be extremely NSFW:


Nicki Minaj's third studio album The Pink Print is expected to be released this fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment