Thursday, March 21, 2013

'Bow Down / I Been On' by Beyoncé

A few days ago, Beyoncé blew up the internet when she released a new song, 'Bow Down / I Been On'. It's unclear as to whether this is the first single or just a promo track, but due to its abrupt release and it's lyrics I'm positive it's a buzz single meant to rile up the Bey hive. This song is so unexpected that when you listen to it it actually takes your breath away as Beyoncé chants "Don't get it twisted, get it twisted, this my shit, bow down bitches." Beyoncé is cursing in her new music?! Yep, and this whole track is about Bey telling everyone that "I took some time to live my life, but don't think I'm just his little wife." She also tells everyone that when they were young they dreamt about being her, and now they better not forget. Bey basically is being one fierce mutha and is telling everyone to bow down to her. The 'I Been On' portion of the song is forgettable, but it's still got a hot beat and has some great lyrics. I definitely think Beyoncé got the response she wanted from releasing this song: everyone is talking about her. In short, Bey is a mastermind genius.

No comments:

Post a Comment