Friday, October 18, 2013

'Underneath the Tree' by Kelly Clarkson

Just a couple days ago, Kelly Clarkson treated us to 'White Christmas', a promo single from her upcoming Christmas album Wrapped In Red. Today, we have the first single which is an original composition. 'Underneath the Tree' has the classic '60s Christmas song sound, almost sounding like it's a cover. Kelly takes the classic up-tempo cliché Christmas song vibe complete with a sax solo and sings it with a gusto only her flawless vocals can accomplish, and we get a Christmas smash. Dare I say it could even be as big as Mariah Carey's classic 'All I Want for Christmas Is You'? Only time will tell, but I have a feeling this will be playing in people's homes during the Christmas season for years to come. How Kelly is so perfect I don't understand, but I'm here for it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment