Monday, May 19, 2014

'You Don't Know What to Do' by Mariah Carey featuring Wale

Mariah, The Elusive Chanteuse, really doesn't know what this whole "surprise" album thing means. After debuting the 'Thirsty' track last week, she's following it with the release of another new song. I'm not complaining, especially since I can never quench my need for more Mimi.

Rapper Wale called in to a radio station early this morning to let fans hear the track 'You Don't Know What to Do' which he is featured on. Mariah performed the song on Good Morning America which was met with mixed reviews (especially because of the obvious lip syncing).

With the influx of disco coming back into pop music (a return which I am championing and am over the moon about), Mariah wisely took it and crafted a track worthy of comparison to Donna Summer. The song begins as a slinky piano ballad with Mimi showing off her overwrought power vocals, before the dance floor beat comes on and it's off to the races.

Mariah's sassy I-don't-need-no-man attitude is in full force as the groovy beat pulsates under her gorgeous vocals. I can say for a fact that this is the strongest offering yet from her new album. If she releases this to radio there is hope for a successful era.

Mimi's new album Me. I Am Mariah... The Elusive Chanteuse is out May 27th.

No comments:

Post a Comment